Skip to content

Prayer request line: 1-727-280-5345  -  hello@freedomworship.church

Our Vision

Our vision is to be used by God to be a ministry where Jesus Christ is reflected in the culture of who we are and to reach our community through the power and demonstration of the Holy Spirit. To train the saints to engage in covenant relationship with God as they learn to live the life of ministry

Our Core Mission

Win lost people to Jesus Christ

Disciple new converts to do the work of the ministry and allow them to understand their unique calling by God to the ministry

Send forth equipped and anointed laborers into their God-ordained harvest for which He has purposed for their lives.

coglogo-60-71h
pastor-les-norris-jr-and-family-elijah-lexie

About the Freedom Worship Center Church of God

Pastor Les & his wife Barbara Lynn have served as Assistant Pastors since 2005, when they accepted the appointment of Youth Pastors at Grove City Church of God near Columbus Ohio. In 2010 God moved them to Hudson Fl, where they ministered as Youth Pastors, Young Adults Pastors, Evangelism Pastors, Community Awareness Directors & Addiction Recovery Directors.

 

In June of 2014 Pastor Les accomplished the rank of Ordained Bishop in the Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee) Organization. January 2016 Pastor Les was the Lead Pastor of Freedom Worship Center (formerly El Shaddai Worship Center) after planting the church in April of 2015. Pastor Les & Barbara Lynn have two wonderful children Elijah & Lexie.

[Church of God reference; see http://www.churchofgod.org for more information]

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD

The Church of God began on August 19, 1886, in Monroe County, Tennessee, near the North Carolina border.  Former Baptist Richard Green Spurling preached in a mil-house along Barney Creek and eight persons formed a Christian Union for the purpose of following the New Testament as their rule for faith and practice, giving each other equal rights and privilege to interpret Scripture, and sitting together as the church of God.  Twenty-one years later the growing movement formally adopted the name Church of God.

 

Ten years after the organizational meeting, a revival at the Shearer Schoolhouse in nearby Camp Creek, North Carolina, introduced the doctrine of sanctification to the community.  Opposition to this doctrine led to severe persecution, but a spirit of revival prevailed and the Holiness believers experienced an outpouring of the Holy Spirit that included speaking in tongues and divine healing.  Such experiences prepared the way for the explosion of the Pentecostal movement in the early twentieth century.

 

Under the leadership of our first General Overseer, A. J. Tomlinson, the Church of God adopted a centralized form of Church government with an inclusive International General Assembly (1906), launched a world evangelization effort beginning in the Bahamas (1909), inaugurated the Church of God Evangel (1910), and established educational opportunities for ministers and members (1918).  Today Church of God ministries include more than 7 million members in 178 nations and territories.  Some 36,000 congregations serve around the world, while regional and international ministries provide resources and support through our divisions of World Evangelization, Care, Discipleship, Education, and Support Services.

 

 

For further information on the history of the Church God, see Living the Word: 125 Years of Church of God Ministry and Like A Mighty Army, both of which are available through Pathway Bookstore. Additional historical resources are at the Dixon Pentecostal Research Center.